For Immediate Release
Contact: John Ryan
EGLSF General Secretary: firstname.lastname@example.org
The European Gay & Lesbian Sport Federation announce the appointment of the new board.
Amsterdam, The Netherlands (13 MARCH 2017) – On Sunday 07 March, the Annual General Assembly voted for the following positions for the board of the European Gay & Lesbian Sport Federation, female co-president and treasurer.
The new board of the European Gay & Lesbian Sport Federation now consists of the following six board members (three male and three female):
- Paul Brummit, male co-president, Pan Idræt
- Annette Wachter, female co-president, SC Janus
- John Ryan, general secretary, Nat Utrecht
- Edgar Castillo Aguilera, treasurer, Smashing Pink
- Sarah Townsend, board member, FSGL
- Diana van den Born, board member, Gay Union Through Sports
The board would like to congratulate Pan Idraet who will host next years AGA in Copenhagen, and to Dusseldorf, who will host the 2020 EuroGames.
About the European Gay & Lesbian Sport Federation
The European Gay & Lesbian Sport Federation (EGLSF) was founded in 1989. Its aims are to:
- fight against discrimination in sport on grounds of gender identity or sexual orientation
- stimulate integration in sport and emancipation of athletes regardless of gender identity or sexual orientation
- enable and support the coming out of athletes
- exchange information and enable co-ordination between European sport groups and tournaments
- support the founding of new gay/lesbian/bisexual/straight/transgendered/queer and mixed sport groups
We are a federation, which is open to lesbian, gay, bisexual, transgender, intersex, queer, and non-binary sports groups and organizations. At the moment this network has more than 22,000 members within over 115 organisations and sport groups. In the EGLSF all member organisations are autonomous: the Federation is operating as a servicing and co-ordinating body.
We promote, amongst other things, the organisation of EuroGames, the European Gay & Lesbian Championships. The last EuroGames 2016 were held in Helsinki, Finland. The next games will be held in Rome, Italy in 2019
Our members are invited to join the General Assembly. This annual Assembly is the highest decision making body of the Federation. The members of the EGLSF board are elected (for three years) by the General Assembly.
“European Gay & Lesbian Sport Federation,” “EuroGames,” with the star, are trademarks of the European Gay & Lesbian Sport Federation.