If you would like to experience one of the most amazing sporting celebrations in Europe, then you have come to the right place! The bidding procedure starts early, so you need to be prepared, and have a clear understanding of your clubs abilities and possibilities for hosting such an event. During the bidding process, which starts in April each year, there are several Q&A opportunities with the EGLSF board who can support and advise on your bid. Final deadline is tin December each year.
The final presentation must be made to the Annual General Assembly in March where the delegates vote on who they think presents the best bid. But before your presentation at the AGA, you need to create a bidbook. As continuing support, the bidding club receives a handbook with all procedures and deadlines. Once the host city is announced you have 3 years to realise your plans.
The timeline for 2024 bid was changed during AGA 2021 since there were no bidders. This is the new timeline:-
- April 2020 – Bidding interest is officially opened and the EGLSF board can answer any questions you may have. You may also request a bidding manual at this stage.
- October 1st 2021 – The draft bid book must be sent to the general secretary sign bidding document and application fee must have been payed
- November 1st 2021 - The Board will make suggestions and comments to the bid book and will send them to the applicant
- December 1st 2021 The applicant will be prepared to present their bid to the EGLSF Assembly via an online procedure. Online voting will open for a 3-week window.
- December 22nd 2021 Online voting window will close.
- Decision for EuroGames® 2024 host will be announced by December 31 2021.
The timeline for 2025 bid:-
- April 2021 – Bidding interest is officially opened and the EGLSF board can answer any questions you may have. You may also request a bidding manual at this stage.
- October 1st 2021 – Potential bidders needs to sign bidding document and pay a small fee
- October – December 2021, Preparing your bidbook, final deadline end of December
- March 2022 – If you are successful with your submission, then you are invited to present your bid to host the 2025 EuroGames. The delegation will then cast a vote to determine the winning city.
If you are interested in bidding , or would need more information, please do not hesitate to contact us immediately.
|2021||EuroGames XIX||Copenhagen, Denmark [Selected AGA 2018]|
|2022||EuroGames XX||Nijmegen, Netherlands [Selected AGA 2019]|
|2023||EuroGames XXI||Bern, Switzerland [Selected Online voting 2020]|
|2024||EuroGames XXII||Presentation online in December 2021|
|2025||EuroGames XXII||Presentation at AGA 2022|