If you would like to experience one of the most amazing sporting celebrations in Europe, then you have come to the right place! The bidding procedure starts early, so you need to be prepared, and have a clear understanding of your clubs abilities and possibilities for hosting such an event. During the bidding process, which starts in April each year, there are several Q&A opportunities with the EGLSF board who can support and advise on your bid. Final deadline is tin December each year.
The final presentation must be made to the Annual General Assembly in March where the delegates vote on who they think presents the best bid. But before your presentation at the AGA, you need to create a bidbook. As continuing support, the bidding club receives a handbook with all procedures and deadlines. Once the host city is announced you have 3 years to realise your plans.
The timeline for 2026 bid is on hold, waiting for a decision if it will be opened at all since there are Gay Games in Europe that year.
The timeline for 2027 bid:-
- April 2023 – Bidding interest is officially opened and the EGLSF board can answer any questions you may have. You may also request a bidding manual at this stage.
- May 2023 - Bidding manual for EuroGames 2027 will be available
- October 1st 2023 – Potential bidders needs to sign bidding document and pay a small fee
- October – December 2023, Preparing your bidbook, final deadline end of December
- March 2024 – If you are successful with your submission, then you are invited to present your bid to host the 2027 EuroGames. The delegation will then cast a vote to determine the winning city.
If you are interested in bidding , or would need more information, please do not hesitate to contact us immediately.
|2023||EuroGames XXI||Bern, Switzerland [Selected Online voting 2020]|
|2024||EuroGames XXII||Vienna, Austria [Selected Online voting 2021]|
|2025||EuroGames XXIII||Lyon, France [Selected at Online AGA 2022]|
|2027||EuroGames XXIV or XXV||Selection at AGA 2024|