For Immediate Release
Contact: Erika Patrikainen
EGLSF General Secretary: firstname.lastname@example.org
The EGLSF announces the election of the new board.
Amsterdam, The Netherlands (5 MARCH 2023) – On Sunday 5 March, the Annual
General Assembly elected a new board member. The board welcomes new Treasurer, Marcel Kreissig from Germany. Marcel is an associate member of the EGLSF.
The board would like to thank our retiring board members: Edgar Castillo, Noemi Fluixa, Elena Lipilina and Livan Soto Gonzalez for their dedicated service to EGLSF and the European LGBTQI+ sporting community.
The board now consists of:
• Hugh Torrance, co-president, from LEAP Sports, Scotland
• Sarah Townsend, co-president, from Fédération Sportive LGBT+, France
• Marcel Kreissig, treasurer, associate member of the EGLSF, Germany
• Erika Patrikainen, general secretary, from H.O.T., Finland
• Georg Kardaras, board member, from Alfa Athens SC, Greece
• Elena Lipilina, board member (till 30th March 2023), from Russian LGBT Sport Federation, Russia
NOTES TO EDITOR:
EGLSF Founded in 1989, The European Gay & Lesbian Sport Federation (EGLSF) aims include
combatting against discrimination in sport on grounds of sexual orientation, gender identity and
expression and sex characteristics and to stimulate integration in sport and emancipation of LGBTIQ+
athletes. The federation has a membership of over 120 European LGBTIQ+ sports clubs and
organisations representing the interests of more than 22,000 people.
EuroGames EGLSF licenses and governs the organisation of EuroGames, the annual European
LGBTQI+ sport championships. The first ever Games took place in The Hague in 1992, and the most
recent in Nijmegen in July 2022 with 2,000 athletes taking part.
Leave A Comment