The European Gay & Lesbian Sport Federation was founded in 1989. Its aims are to:
- fight against discrimination in sport on grounds of sexual preference
- stimulate integration in sport and emancipation of lesbians and gays
- enable and support the coming out of gay and lesbian sports men and women
- exchange information and enable co-ordination between European sport groups and tournaments
- support the founding of new gay / lesbian / bisexual
/ straight / transgendered and mixed sport groups. Learn more about EGLSF.