For Immediate Release
Contact: Erika Patrikainen
EGLSF General Secretary: firstname.lastname@example.org
Amsterdam, The Netherlands (21 MARCH 2021) – On Sunday 21 March, the Annual General Assembly elected new board members.
The board now consists of:
• Hugh Torrance, co-president, from LEAP Sports, Scotland
• Sarah Townsend, co-president, from FSGL, France
• Erika Patrikainen, general secretary, from H.O.T Helsinki, Finland
• Edgar Castillo, treasurer, from Smashing Pink Amsterdam, Netherlands
• Diana van den Born, board member, from Smashing Pink Amsterdam,
• Elena Lipilina, board member, from Russian LGBT Sport Federation, Russia
• Georg Kardaras, board member, from Alfa Athens SC, Greece
• Livan Soto Gonzalez, board member, from Diversport Torremolinos, Spain
The board would like to thank the retiring board members, Annette Wachter and David Hofstetter, for their dedicated service to EGLSF
and the European LGBTQI+ sporting community.
About the European Gay & Lesbian Sport Federation
The European Gay & Lesbian Sport Federation (EGLSF) was founded in 1989. Its
aims are to:
• fight against discrimination in sport on grounds of gender identity or sexual
• stimulate integration in sport and emancipation of athletes regardless of
gender identity or sexual orientation
• enable and support the coming out of athletes
• exchange information and enable co-ordination between European sport
groups and tournaments
• support the founding of new LGBTQI+ and mixed sport groups
The federation represents European sport-oriented organisations in the LGBTQI+
community. At the moment this network has more than 22,000 members within over
120 organisations and sport groups. In the EGLSF all member organisations are
autonomous: the Federation operates as a servicing and co-ordinating body.
We promote, amongst other things, the organisation of EuroGames, the European
LGBTQI+ sport championships. The next games will be held in Copenhagen,
Denmark, in August 2021.
Our members are invited to join the General Assembly. This annual Assembly is the
highest decision-making body of the Federation. The members of the EGLSF board
are elected for three years by the General Assembly.
“European Gay & Lesbian Sport Federation,” “EuroGames,” with the star, are
trademarks of the European Gay & Lesbian Sport Federation.