EGLSF Board is pleased to announce a new initiative for 2010 to support the development of inspirational projects amongst member clubs – The Innovation and Good Practice Fund. This is a grants programme for which EGLSF member clubs can apply for up to 1,000 Euro for one-off projects where there is a clear aim to:
- Improve or enhance the fight against discrimination or exclusion of LGBTs in sport;
- Improve or enhance integration in sport of LGBTs or coming out of lesbian, gay and bisexual athletes;
- Encourage communication between LGBT sports groups and tournaments;
- Support the establishment of new LGBT sports groups, particularly in areas where few exist;
- Improve access to LGBT sports groups by underrepresented groups, including, but not exclusively, women, minority ethnic communities, disabled people (including those living with HIV), younger and older LGBTs.
There will be up to five grants awarded. The decision on which grants to fund will be made by EGLSF Board. The deadline for applications is 28 February 2010. See webpage for details.