For Immediate Release
Contact: Erika Patrikainen
EGLSF General Secretary: firstname.lastname@example.org
The EGLSF announces the election of the new board.
Amsterdam, The Netherlands (21 MARCH 2022) – On Sunday 20 March, the Annual
General Assembly elected a new board member. The board welcomes new Board Member at Large, Noemie Fluxia from Panteres
The board now consists of:
• Hugh Torrance, co-president, from LEAP Sports, Scotland
• Sarah Townsend, co-president, from Fédération Sportive LGBT+, France
• Erika Patrikainen, general secretary, from H.O.T., Finland
• Edgar Castillo, treasurer, from Smashing Pink Amsterdam, Netherlands
• Noemie Fluxia, board member, from Panteres Grogues, Spain
• Elena Lipilina, board member, from Russian LGBT Sport Federation, Russia
• Georg Kardaras, board member, from Alfa Athens SC, Greece
• Livan Soto Gonzalez, board member, from Diversport Torremolinos, Spain
NOTES TO EDITOR:
EGLSF Founded in 1989, The European Gay & Lesbian Sport Federation (EGLSF) aims include
combatting against discrimination in sport on grounds of sexual orientation, gender identity and
expression and sex characteristics and to stimulate integration in sport and emancipation of LGBTIQ+
athletes. The federation has a membership of over 120 European LGBTIQ+ sports clubs and
organisations representing the interests of more than 22,000 people.
EuroGames EGLSF licenses and governs the organisation of EuroGames, the annual European
LGBTQI+ sport championships. The first ever Games took place in The Hague in 1992, and the most
recent in Copenhagen in August 2021 with 2,000 athletes taking part.
“European Gay & Lesbian Sport Federation,” “EuroGames,” with the star, are trademarks of the European Gay & Lesbian Sport Federation.
Leave A Comment