EGLSF Annual General Assembly, AGA 2022, takes place only online this year. All our members are invited to join on 18th - 20th March to a conference on Friday and to the AGA on Saturday and Sunday. The planned timetable is as follows:
Friday 18th: 10h30 - 15h20 CET
Saturday 19th: 10h00 - 17h15 CET, including a social event at 16h15
Sunday 20th: 14h00 - 17h50 CET
The conference, Out in Sport, is hosted by BMKOES, Kraulquappen Wien & Aufschlag Wien, Austrian Ministry of Arts and Culture, Civil Service and Sport with the support of fairplay-VIDC. It will take the form of a panel discussion in the morning with invited athlete speakers and Mr. Werner Kogler, Vice-Chancellor and Minister of Sport of Austria. The afternoon will be an Exchange forum about European Best Practice examples. This conference is open to all and we hope to see many of you present. Detailed program is available in the AGA papers. You can register for the conference and/or Annual General Assembly with this form. If you have questions about your membership fee contact our treasurer email@example.com and if you have any other questions contact firstname.lastname@example.org. Final registration date is 16 March, 2022. After this date no more applications will be accepted.
Members have been sent the link to the registration and the AGA papers on 18th February.
Queer in sports - panel discussion and exchange forum, 18.03.22
What sports can do to combat LGBTIQ hostility
10:30 - 12:00: Panel discussion
13:00 - 15:00: Exchange forum on European best practice examples
Register with this form latest on 16th March.
Werner Kogler - Vice Chancellor and Minister of Sport
Oliver Egger - Ombudsman "Football for All" - Ombudsman office of the ÖFB and the
Austrian Bundesliga against homophobia in soccer
Christoph Edelmüller - Managing Director of Handball Ligen Austria
Jennifer Klein - Soccer player SKN St. Pölten women
Sarah Townsend (video link) – Co-President of EGLSF
Moderation: Michael Berger (ORF Sport)
Exchange forum on European best practice
In the exchange forum European best practice examples will be shared and there will be space for exchange & discussion.
- Visibility & the media - how media should be addressing LGBTIQ issues: Elsa
Arapi, Women's Sport Initiative Lead in EBU.
- Cooperation among LGBT sport organizations & organized sport:
Hugh Torrance, LEAP sport
- Good Practices on Women in Sport: Emine Bozkurt, High level group on gender
- Promoting Lesbians in sport: Noemie Fluxia, Panteres Grogues
- Gender diversity and non-binary athletes: Liam Strasser, 100% Sport - Austrian
Competence Center for Gender Equality in Sport
- Situation of LGBT clubs in Central- and Eastern Europe: Istvan Manheim/Brano
Fidler, Atlasz Budapest / Lotosové kvety Bratislava
- Train the trainers: Antidiscrimination in sports education: Havard Ovregrd,
Norwegian Olympic and Paraolympic Committee
- Queer Fan culture: tbc.
- Ulrike Lunacek Former Co-Chair of the LGBTI-Intergroup in the European Parliament
- Andrej Pišl, Sports official and LGBTIQ+ activist