Homophobia is rife in Australian sport. Whether playing at the local park or representing their country, gay and lesbian athletes routinely hide their sexuality to avoid abuse while pursuing the sport they love. Sarah Dingle investigates how difficult it is to come out on the field.
Most recent news
- EGLSF at the “Play the Game 2017” conference, Eindhoven. December 22, 2017
- Queering Football European Networking Conference 17 – 18 November 2017 December 11, 2017
- Gay German Open Celebrates 11th Tournament November 21, 2017
- THE CONFERENCE “QUEERING FOOTBALL: ADDRESSING HOMOPHOBIA AT MEGA SPORT EVENTS” SUCCESSFULLY KICKS OFF November 20, 2017
- EGLSF Workshop – Fields of sport: empowering or oppressive spaces for minorities? November 13, 2017
#2014RespectDiversity 1QE aga american football app arsenal canada coming out Council of Europe diversity engso EU Project eurogames FARE Federation of GayGames football football for equality game Gay Games 9 gender equality GLISA homophobia IDAHO IGLYO ILGA-Europe IWG john fennell lgbt Luge membership michael sam olympics outreach pridehouse pride house prideinsport Pro Safe Sports SOGI sport Thomas Hitzlsperger UEFA upfront women and sports Youth Committee youtube